How are you promoting Student Volunteer Week within your organisation?
Whether you’re planning an event, undertaking student-focused projects, or running a recruitment drive for volunteers, one of the best ways to showcase this is by posting on social media.
Social media can help you reach a new audience of potential volunteers. Check out our tips for making the most of your social media presence:
- Post visual content: photos, illustrations, info-graphics, and videos. You could even stream live video on Facebook showing a volunteer project or a ‘Behind-The-Scenes’ of your organisation. This helps people see what you’re all about.
- Use the hashtag #SVW2018 in your posts. Anyone searching that tag will see your content and learn more about your good work. Remember to tag us @VolunteeringNZ so we can share your posts too!
- Use other hashtags that are relevant, such as #animals #volunteer #forest #healthcare.
- Tag the participants or local leaders of your community.
- Encourage your student volunteers to post what they are doing or what volunteering means to them!
- Know your audience. Take a quick look at who follows your account and tailor your posts to speak to them.
- Empower your fans. Don’t forget to reply to a comment or two. Having a conversation and encouraging your existing supporters is just as important as gaining new ones.
- The sooner the better. Time is of the essence and you’ll reach a larger audience if you start posting sooner and more frequently.
- Share relevant posts from other pages. Promoting the work of others is a great way to show appreciation, become part of the conversation, and gives you more content.
- Lost on what to say? Use quotes from inspirational leaders or stories from your volunteers.
- Need graphics? We’ve got resources all ready to go for you to use, read our guide for more tips.
- If you’re holding an event, promote it! Add a link to your event in your posts, this is a great way to get your events out there and recruit more volunteers.
- If you want volunteers, just ask! It’s amazing what a simple appeal for a helping hand can do.
- Most importantly, keep it up! Regularly posting is a great way to keep your social media momentum and your followers up to date on what you’re doing.
We can’t wait to see what you get up to!
Need any help? Email email@example.com.